This vegan Marrow and Carrot soup is the perfect winter warmer.
It is very easy to make and very tasty.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 medium marrow, de seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 500ml stock
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Fry the onion gently until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic clove.
- Add all the vegetables and cook for a minute.
- Add the stock, herbs and tin of tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-45 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Process in a liquidiser until smooth.
- Return to the pan and heat through.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt as required.