- The site is based in the grounds of the Wrexham Glyndwr University, Northop Campus/Coleg Cambria
- We have brought the six polytunnels back into production and introduced automatic irrigation.
- We also tend and harvest the well-established large orchard.
- The polytunnels enable us to extend our season and to grow the tender crops such as melons, peaches and aubergines.
- All our crops are grown to organic principles.
- We have recently grown carrots, peas, beetroot, French beans, cucumbers, lettuce, butternut squash, peaches, melons, tomatoes, aubergines, peppers, plums, herbs and probably much more!!
2 minutes from the A55 access to the Northop site is through the grounds of the Wrexham Glyndwr University, Northop campus. It can also be accessed from the road down a short track.
Please contact the Northop site manager for more details.
Access times and contact details
- Northop Garden Workdays are every Wednesday, 10am-1pm
- We always welcome new members, so if you are interested, please contact the Northop Site Manager to arrange to come and have an informal chat and a tour of the site.
Who is this site suitable for? Why?
- The Northop site can be accessed by car and is on a flat site, so is suitable for most people.
- As much of the growing is in polytunnels it’s great for those fair weather gardeners – Usually warm and always dry!