Makes 1 loaf cake. Suitable for freezing.
- 125g butter, cubed
- 100g best quality 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300g marmalade (I prefer a thicker cut, but any will do)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150g self raising flour
- pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Heat the butter over a low heat in a heavy bottomed saucepan until melted. Once melted, add the chocolate and carefully stir over the low heat until melted – don’t let it get too hot! Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the marmalade and eggs, mixing well. Then add the flour and salt and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a cooling rack before serving.