- The Hawarden site is conveniently located just outside Chester on the beautiful Hawarden Estate.
- Situated just off the B5125 just behind the Farm Shop, which has a lovely cafe and a great children’s playground and easy, free on-site parking.
- At just over ¼ acre the Hawarden site has raised beds and barked paths, as well as a wildlife pond and flower beds.
- The large new shed is great as a meeting place on cooler days, and is perfect for brewing up a mug of tea!
- All our crops are grown to organic principles, with flowers and a wildlife pond to attract beneficial insects
- We have recently grown beetroot, blackcurrants, broccoli, broad, French and runner beans, cabbages, cucumbers, courgettes, herbs such as rosemary, fennel and chives, kale, onions, peas, potatoes, pumpkins, rhubarb, salad crops, spinach, sugar snap peas, sprouts, sweet corn, Swiss and rainbow chard as well as tomatoes to name a few!
- We use kitchen scraps, grass cuttings, coffee grounds and more to make our own compost.
- We have introduced the ‘no dig’ technique in our raised beds, which is not only good for the soil, but it is easier on our backs!
We are right next to the Hawarden Estate Farm Shop, Chester Rd, Hawarden, Flintshire, Deeside CH5 3FB.
Access times and contact details
- The site is open during Farm Shop hours – Mon to Fri: 9am to 5pm, Sat: 8.30am to 5pm, Sun: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- New members are always welcome so if you are interested, please contact the Hawarden Site Manager to arrange to come and have an informal chat and a tour of the garden.
Who is this site suitable for?
- The easy parking and raised beds makes it ideal for the less mobile.
- The cafe and large playground means that you can entertain the children while you are on site
- Easy access from Broughton, Hawarden Village, Queensferry and just 15 minutes from Chester