- The site is located just outside the village of Cilcain, 15 minutes from Mold and within the Clwydian Range AONB.
- The site covers over three acres of south facing slopes with established hedges and mature trees on three sides and a stream on the fourth which provides our irrigation.
- There is a beautiful collection of ancient broad-leaf trees, with plenty of space for woodland crafts, coppicing and managing woodland.
- We have planted a willow coppice to supply stems for weaving and supports and have built our very own ‘wiki leaks’ – our on-site comfort station!
- The site is a focus for our social activities, recreation and learning opportunities.
- We have beehives on site which provide honey for members and pollinate our crops.
- A wide selection of flowers is grown both for cutting and for wildlife.
- We have two sheds which provide shelter and storage.
- All our crops are grown to organic principles.
- We grow all the familiar field veg crops and a variety of bush and tree fruits.
- We also trial new and unusual crops for introduction to the main supply if we like them.
- We have on-site compost production and always try to use the resources available to us before buying anything in.
The site is close to Cilcain village and has wonderful views of the surrounding hills. The stream provides a cooling babble as background to the gardening and supplies our water for the crops. There are lovely walks nearby if you want to ramble.
Cilcain site is beautiful but please be aware there is a short walk from parking to site over fairly rough ground and down a slope.
Please contact the Cilcain site manager for directions to the site
Access times and contact details
- Cilcain Garden Workdays are every Tuesday from about 10.00 am. Usually a Friday and sometimes a weekend day as well.
- We always welcome new members, so if you are interested, please contact the Cilcain Site Manager to arrange to come and have an informal chat and a tour of the site.