From Lisa’s copy of the excellent Boxing Clever Cookbook.
If any members are interested in the book, the authors offer it to CSA schemes with a 25% discount plus postage and packing. Contact Jacqui Jones.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1” root ginger piece, grated
- 2 tbsp rogan josh curry paste
- 225g (8oz) beetroot, peeled and diced
- 450g (1lb) tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 125g (4oz) frozen peas or fresh courgettes, sliced
- handful of fresh mint, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Saute onions for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in rogan josh curry paste.
- Add beetroot and stir well.
- Add tomatoes and water, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until beetroot is cooked.
- Add frozen peas or courgettes and mint. Cover and simmer for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste and serve with rice.
(Used with permission)
Photo by Emma Clare