FlintShare is a collection of individuals who enjoy local, sustainably produced food. As members we enjoy growing, sharing and eating our produce and socialising together.
What are the benefits of joining FlintShare?
- Access to healthy fruit and vegetables grown to organic principles
- A chance to learn about growing food in a friendly, supportive atmosphere and develop your gardening knowledge
- Social gatherings such as paella evenings, BBQs, apple pressing days, willow weaving, and more!
- Enjoy any or all of three bountiful sites across Flintshire – Cilcain, Hawarden and Northop
How does FlintShare work?
- You join as a member – £25 a year single. Joint, Family and Concessions are also available. You are then as involved or not as you want to be – but, of course, we hope you will grow, crop, eat, join in and enjoy!
- Members can access produce from any of the sites
- Members can join regular work days at the gardens or work on their own. There are always a variety of jobs to be done including planting, weeding and cropping and bigger projects. You can also choose non-manual jobs such as admin or help out at events.
- Harvestable veg can be taken from any site at any time but is cropped and brought to a ‘hub’ each Saturday for those who find it hard to get produce otherwise. See Veg Account for more details.
- We have plenty of get-togethers!