Not sure how to use you FlintShare Kale? This is a great one pot recipe, ideal for a cold day. Enjoy!
Caldo Verde (Portuguese for “green broth”) is a popular soup in Portugual. You can add 200g/7oz chopped chorizo sausage if you like.
Recipe from BBC Food
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 litre/1¾ pints cold water
- 200g/7oz kale, washed and chopped
- Pinch salt
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic (and chorizo is using), stir well and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and pour over the cold water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the volume of liquid has reduced slightly.
- Add the kale and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the kale is just tender.
- Season, to taste, with salt.
- To serve, pour the caldo verde into four serving bowls. Sprinkle over a little smoked paprika. Serve the crusty bread alongside.